Important Things You Need to Know
- Mandatory team meetings are Tuesday, March 8, 2017 at 6:15 pm and 7:45 PM. Teams cans open their team boxes to check their supplies. Please bring your list of up to four team members for entry into the event. Meat payment is due at the meeting if it has not been paid previously.
- Each team receives 4 free wrist bands which gains them entrance to the event, and 1 free t-shirt. Additional team members—and those who have lost or forgotten their wrist bands—must pay the regular entrance fee of $12 per adult, $6 for children 10 and to 4 years old. Three and under can enter for free.
- Cooking areas are limited to four team members at a time.
- Team members must check in at the Volunteer table located at the rear entrance to the synagogue. At check-in team members are given their tent location.
- Teams can begin cooking only after a Rabbi has checked each of their ingredients. Rabbis are usually available to start checking ingredients at around 8 a.m.
- Burners can be lit only by a Rabbi.
- Alcohol is allowed only under the team tents for use in the chili or for personal use. Alcohol cannot be offered to or served to guests. This is strictly enforced. We appreciate your cooperation regarding alcohol.
- Each team receives: a burner, an 80 quart pot, a small cutting board, 2 knives, a 14-inch serving spoon, 2 disposable aluminum pans, a stirring paddle, a ladle, a can opener, disposable gloves, a bottle of hand sanitizer, sampling cups and spoons, napkins, and 1 roll of paper towels. You also receive crackers and a sheet of disposable paper to prepare your food on, if you would like to use them.
- If you want to, or need to bring additional utensils, they must be new and in their original, unopened packaging and labeled with your team’s name. The packages must be in the Tiferet Israel office in order to be placed in the mikvah no later than 4 p.m. Tuesday, March 14. Any items brought in after Tuesday afternoon will not be allowed to be used.
- During the event you should label, in permanent marker, all new utensils with your team or organization’s name. This helps us put them in the proper organization’s bin once they have been cleaned.
- Each returning team has a plastic storage bin at the synagogue. Each team bin contains any utensils and other supplies left after last year’s event. Each new team is supplied with a bin after the team meeting.
Please do NOT empty your waste water on the ground. All waste water buckets are dealt with at the end of the event by our cleanup crew. Please cooperate and clean up your area at the end of the event.