Dallas Kosher Chili Cook-Off
March 15, 2020
Food… Fun… Fellowship…
The Dallas Kosher Chili Cook-off—now in its 27th year—brings together the diverse Jewish communities of North Texas for a day of kosher fun. Host by Tiferet Israel, the Dallas Kosher Chili Cook-off brings together the entire Dallas/Fort Worth Jewish community—secular, religious, affiliated and non-affiliated.
More than 40 teams compete for bragging rights of making the best kosher chili in the Metroplex. Chili types include both beef and veggie. Some 4,500 people attend for a day of food, fun and fellowship—all under the same festive tents. Proceeds are shared with other not-for-profit agencies in the Metroplex.
The cook-off offers you:
- An art show—new this year—presented by Texas Jewish Arts Association.
- Dozens of teams competing for top honors for the best beef and veggie chilis.
- Rides and games for children on the mini-midway.
- Live music.
- Vendors showing off their products and services.
- Kosher supervision by Dallas Va’ad.
- Double-blind judging by food service professionals and celebrities from North Texas.
- People’s Choice judging for the single best chili of the event.
Texas Jewish Arts Association Joins Cook-off
This year, the Texas Jewish Arts Association joins the Dallas Kosher Chili Cook-off with an art show and sale. The Texas Jewish Art Association is a community of Jewish artists, art professionals and art enthusiasts who create, support, promote and enhance the Jewish arts in Texas.
You can expect to enjoy a wide variety of paintings, mosaics, sculptures and glass creations at the show.
Free Parking at JCC
Park free at the Jewish Community Center. Ride free climate-controlled bus to cook-off at Tiferet Israel.
Cook-off Location at Tiferet Israel
Located on the campus of Tiferet Israel in North Dallas.